Fashion fades, only style remains the same. - Coco Chanel

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Liv Loves: Annie Hall

I don't think I could write a New York centered style blog without mentioning Woody Allen and Annie Hall. Woody Allen has a famed love for New York and I admire the classic city style excuded in all his films. The clothes never compete with the actors or the beautiful city surrounding them. Allen's great muse of the 70's and 80's, Diane Keaton, propelled her style to iconic proportions in Annie Hall. The vests, the menswear inspired trousers and that tie: 
Alvy Singer: Hey listen, gimme a kiss.
Annie Hall: Really?
Alvy Singer: Yeah, why not, because we're just gonna go home later, right, and then there's gonna be all that tension, we've never kissed before and I'll never know when to make the right move or anything. So we'll kiss now and get it over with, and then we'll go eat. We'll digest our food better.

"Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator!"
Annie Hall is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm amused by that, because it was filmed about 7 years before I was born. Every time I watch it, I find some new style inspiration. Most times I'm want to mimic Annie's clothes, but recently I've really been loving Alvy's outfits and wanting to try my hand at duplicating some of them. Here's my take on Annie, I went with a more fitted look, because slouchy pants really don't work for my body type and I added pops of purple to break up the neutrals:
 
Vest: NY&Co, Shirt: Forever21, Jeans:Old Navy, Shoes: Steve Madden, Bag: Coach
Sorrry I wear this bag so often, I keep meaning to change it, but its such a great go-with-everything bag.
Details:
Sunnies: Dior
Earrings: Aldo
Scarf as Neck Tie: Old Navy
Watch: Michael Kors
Nails: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pink
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes after the tremor, luckily no one was seriously affected.
Tell me, what are some of your favorite movies for style inspiration?

Liv.Love.Life.